Sunday, October 7, 2018

Module 6 Peer Review

1.    Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog

2.    When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?
Yes, I did agree with their images for each principle/element. Yes, I think that all the elements and principles can come together, and you can find multiple in one image. For example, one of the images was of a garage door listed under pattern. However, in this photo you could feel the texture, and also see the lines in it. There are 3 elements/principles right there in one simple image.
3.    When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
Yes, in the first blog I read, I noticed the neon square from the Albright Knox Art Gallery! I used this one too because I thought it was so bright and different and vibrant! The artist said he liked it because of the play of color and light mixing together. I can agree with this because the light and the colors are what really catch your eye and draw all that attention!

4.    Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
The image that both peers chose was Grass, 1965 by Len Lye.This piece really did draw my attention. It was very calming and relaxing to see it sway. It also made sound and really stood out. It is made of stainless steel and wood. It sways like real grass would, in the wind on a calm day. I’d love to go see this, I connect with this because it is calm and that’s something I love to be. Its relaxing. I’d love to know the artists story behind it. 
5.    What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?
Honestly, some of the blogging was confusing. I am not great at this stuff so finding the right blogs and using blogger was kind of difficult because some of the student’s layouts were very different than mine, mines simple and easy to read, but I guess they are just being creative and I’m clueless on how to work the site! Haha. But I did enjoy reading their responses and seeing their images to compare and contrast them to mine! We all have pretty similar work, but in our own ways!
6.    Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?

I do not have any comments on mine! However, yes I would find them helpful because it is always nice to get someone else’s point of view for constructive criticism. It is also nice to hear good things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment