Thursday, November 29, 2018

Video Review

1.    For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Lowdown on Lowbrow: This video was my favorite. It was fun and different, and wild. It talked about provocative artwork, dirty, sexual, “bad”, not your usual classic artwork. I love it I think it’s the best artwork. I am obsessed with the pin up girls, the traditional tattoo designs, the beautiful girls on motorcycles, the wild colors and cool designs. It is vibrant and fun to look at. I prefer this kind of art over the basic boring artwork. 
Tate Modern: This video was a little slow, showing the exhibits in the Tate Modern art museum. The museum tries to revolutionize the way people perceive art. They show similar art together. Artwork from the 60’s and 70’s is grouped together. No matter where they are from, there is a general idea of the time they were created. In one room they have works of art from Italy, America, japan, etc. The way the exhibitions are set up are really interesting.
An Acquiring Mind: In the Metropolitan museum of art we see history through its work. We see artwork from every year, every century, every country, religion, etc. This museum is amazing. We see that Phillipe de Montebello has done an amazing job at directing the MET. He guided the acquisition of more than 84,000 works of art and completely made this museum much more diverse since it opened. Instead of focusing on just old classic English paintings, he has brought in a way bigger diverse selection of art making this museum awesome!! I would love to see it one day. 
2.    Do the videos relate to the creation of your Art Exhibition project? If yes, explain how. If no, explain why not.
Yes, they do. We see the different types of art work as well as the way the exhibits are set up. You can really create your own exhibit the way you would like. In art, I do not think there is a right or wrong. It all depends on what YOU think is artwork, what YOU find beautiful. I loved the first video because I can relate to it. I love drawing pin up girls, I think the traditional tattoos are cool and I think sexuality is fun and feminine. I got my idea from this video to do pleasures of life as my exhibit theme because it’s fun and happy and full of excitement! 
3.    What is your opinion of the films? Do they add depth to understanding of the art concepts you practiced while creating your curation project?

Yes, I would say the lowbrow one was my favorite this semester! It adds a different taste to art, a fun side. It helped me create my project because it shows that art doesn’t have boundaries. Take a chance and be crazy if you want. The last two videos showed me that art exhibits can be made up of anything if they relate in your mind. I saw a lot of different exhibits and it definitely helped me with my own project ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment