Sunday, September 23, 2018

Art Material Exploration: Module 4

1. I liked creating the wheel. It was fun, I love painting it actually was easier than I had thought as far as mixing the colors, however I couldn't get the red or green as good as I wanted them. The value scale was more boring to make, just pressing lighter and harder on the pencil to get different shades. I will say I could not find Cyan color anywhere so I got the closest color to it with help from a worker at Michaels.

2. I prefer paint. I love paining it is way more fun and creative, you can always cover mistakes, use different strokes and mix to get any color you want.

3. The most important discovery in my opinion is the fact that magenta and cyan are primary colors, not red and blue! I had no idea, but once I saw it in the video and created the wheel myself, it makes sense. Also, to use a pencil on its side for better shading as seen in the value scale video.

4. I think both videos were very informative. I like how in the color wheel video they show each color in its place, then you add a little yellow next to the cyan, then next to the magenta, then so on so forth. This sets you up for success because it is organized and you see where and what colors to mix. Seeing it visually made it much easier for me. Also wouldn't have thought to turn my pencil and use it flat the way he showed in the scale video. Both videos were great visual examples!

No comments:

Post a Comment